1993, starring Billy Blanks
Yes, that's the Billy Blanks of Tae-bo fame. Combine that with an unapologetic Karate-Kid rip-off plotline, cliche characters and laughably bad dialogue, and you have acheived a perfect storm of cheesiness.
The movie starts with a (seriously) 5-minute long segment of bad music-driven titles and doesn't let up from there. This movie contains:
- Cop's fall from grace over guilt from an accidental self-defense killing
- New kid at California High School has trouble "Learning the Ropes"
- New kid falls for nice, pretty girl
- Girl has a controlling ass of a boyfriend
- He just happens to be a Karate warrior, too - a baaad one
- New Kid totally gets is ass kicked
- Cop, now the High School janitor, trains new kid in Karate
- An unexpected friendship blossoms
- After only 2 weeks of training, new kid can beat the asshole boyfriend who has had years of intense training
- Nice girl gets with new kid. How nice can she be if she goes for the biggest asskicker?